Thanks for visiting my site

"Thanks for visiting my site. Finally I have my moment of fame! I've been stuck in this little town for so long, just waiting for someone to notice me, and here you are. Check in with me regularly to see what I've been up to, I promise to keep you hootin' and a hollerin' for more. I'm just a small town girl with a big dream of one day being somebody! And wait until you meet "the girls." There's Tootsie, Mertle, Glenda and so many others I won't mention right now, but don't you listen to a word they say about me, unless it's good. They have all been known to gossip, but you didn't hear that from me. Now that I've learned how to work this new fangled blog thing, you are going to be hearing a lot from me. Finally I have a voice and I'm going to use it. I hope you enjoy reading about my life. Well, I'm not going to tell you anymore, you are just going to have to read all about me and my fabulous life!" Josey



Friday, March 18, 2011

Introduction

There is a secret place within the hearts of women. In this cocoon, the words “politically correct” are as foreign as an Iranian recipe, kids are poster children for Emily Post, husbands come home toting red roses and double fudge cakes come out of ovens, not boxes. In the minds of these women, Norman Rockwell hangs alongside Jesus on the beige walls, religion is a social climbers arena and facades are brilliantly labeled as “positive attitudes.”

You may ask, “Where are these women?” We are going to travel to the small town of Carington, nestled in the bosom of the South and get a microscopic look at a few of these fascinating women.

Carington has one road in and one road out. Like the lives of the women, there are no “roads less traveled,” there is just one road and it’s well defined. Should you happen to blink or sneeze, three stoplights prevent you from missing the entire town. Now the local Chamber of Commerce has considered putting in a fourth light, down by the elementary school, but then there is the problem of having to wrangle with the Rotary club for extra funds to decorate the light poles, come Christmas time.

The catastrophic events of 9/11, child molestation, and the computer revolution have yet to reach their evil tentacles into this refined, southern paradise.

Or have they?
Stay tuned for the next episode!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josey,

I enjoyed your Doodlings description and introduction. Intriguing. Well begun.

Carol Noren Johnson said...

Look forward to what will happen at church.

Carol

Anonymous said...

Makes me want more