Thanks for visiting my site

"Thanks for visiting my site. Finally I have my moment of fame! I've been stuck in this little town for so long, just waiting for someone to notice me, and here you are. Check in with me regularly to see what I've been up to, I promise to keep you hootin' and a hollerin' for more. I'm just a small town girl with a big dream of one day being somebody! And wait until you meet "the girls." There's Tootsie, Mertle, Glenda and so many others I won't mention right now, but don't you listen to a word they say about me, unless it's good. They have all been known to gossip, but you didn't hear that from me. Now that I've learned how to work this new fangled blog thing, you are going to be hearing a lot from me. Finally I have a voice and I'm going to use it. I hope you enjoy reading about my life. Well, I'm not going to tell you anymore, you are just going to have to read all about me and my fabulous life!" Josey



Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bathed In Prayer - Episode 3

“Hey sweetie,” Tootsie said, as she brushed a kiss on Josey’s cheek. “What’s with all that wind out there and those nasty mayflies? I thought my ear lobes were going to take flight from the weight of these earrings. You like them?” she asked, preening her head from side to side.

“It’s that blasted hurricane. I’m sick of hearing about it,” said Josey, as she shook her head and looked Tootsie up and down. “Honey, I love those earrings, and where did you get that darling outfit? That’s about the cutest thing I have ever seen. Were you out shopping last night without me? Don’t tell me, you lost another pound and went out celebrating, buying yourself some new clothes.”
Tootsie laughed, “New clothes? Honey these old things have been hanging in my closet for years, but thanks for noticing. I have lost a few pounds over the last couple of days. I believe my new diet is working. You know, that one where you have a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar before each meal. I swear I can feel my stomach shrinking up. Lookee’ here, see that toe. Two weeks ago, I couldn’t have put that toe ring on and look at it now. Did you ever see such a cute thing? Watermelon toe rings, who would have thought?”

Josey waited for Tootsie to stop for air before she jumped in. “Vinegar,” she said, wrinkling her nose, “are you telling me you’ve been drinking that stuff? Where did you hear about that one? And don’t tell me Glenda Jackson. That woman has been trying to lose weight for as long as I’ve known her and honey, I’m talking back to the third grade. I just love that nail color on your toes. What’s it called?”

“You are not going to believe this, it’s called Watermelon Pink,” giggled Tootsie. “Speaking of Glenda, have you seen her lately? If anyone could use one of those complete makeovers, it’s her. Nowadays they have plastic surgery for that big nose she has. Or she should at least get those droopy eyes lifted. She looks like Hank’s basset hound. Now, I don’t mean to be ugly you know.”

“Tootsie Turrelson, just listen to yourself,” Josey scolded. “Some people just have to deal with what the good Lord has given them. Course I have to admit, if she’d let me get into that rat’s nest she calls a head of hair, I think I could make her look a whole lot better.”

Tootsie looked into the mirror and tried to capture a wayward eyelash that was stuck to her cheek. "Honey, you been trying to make over that old cow for ages, and don’t go getting all uppity and religious on me. She’s as frumpy as my momma’s old chenille bedspread and you know it. Listen, I just stopped by on my way to the Piggly Wiggly. I’m going to pick up some doughnuts for the church meeting.”

Josey’s penciled eyebrows shot up. “What meeting, and how come I wasn’t invited? You know for me being head of the woman’s prayer group, I sure seem to be left out of the loop a lot. I am in charge of all spiritual matters, so I need to be informed of these things. Doesn’t anyone realize that before any spiritual decisions are made, they need to be bathed in prayer?”

Tootsie patted Josey’s hand and laughed. “Bathed in prayer? Is that kind of like washing your mouth out with soap? Are we now washing our prayers off to make sure they are squeaky clean and holy? And don’t go getting into a tizzy about the meeting, remember I’m on the welcoming committee. We are going to discuss how to handle Trinity’s new pastor. You have anyone interesting coming in today?” she asked, as she thumbed through Josey’s appointment book.
Stay tuned for the next episode!

1 comment:

Carol Noren Johnson said...

Love how this story is developing.

LOL! Josey in charge of spiritual matters! Nosey Josey please read Luke 6:41-42 and take care of your plank before you worry about being invited everywhere to be in charge of everything.